Back to Hardware
Back to Add-On Options
Back to Index
Wiring in the Ignition Disable on the tracking device can allow vehicle owners to remotely disable the vehicle’s ignition. Note – this will not disable the vehicle while it is driving! It does not incur an additional monthly charge and the relay that we sell to install it properly is just $15.00.
To Enable/Disable the vehicle, the customer logs into the InTouch platform (browser version only) and goes to Settings/Devices. Next to each device is the option to send a command to Enable/Disable. This is done through SMS, so it the carrier is flagged wrong or the device is offline, this will not work.
Green Wire – Ignition Disable
- The black wire on the ignition disable relay(sometimes green) (85) is wired to the green wire on the Full I/O harness of the tracking device.
- You will have to cut the wire between the ignition and the starter relay on the vehicle. The blue wire on the ignition disable relay (30) goes to the ignition switch which is the end of the wire that you cut
- The red wire on the ignition disable relay goes to the starter (87a)
- The yellow wire on the ignition disable relay is unused (87)
- The white wire on the ignition disable relay (86) is wired to a constant 12v power source
When sending the command to “DISABLE”, the green wire on the tracking device will ground out. When sending the command to “ENABLE”, the green wire on the tracking device will be slightly positive. This will engage the ignition disable relay between the red wire (87a) and the yellow wire (87) to effectively control when the vehicle can start. ***Note that this is a relay between the ignition switch and starter relay of the vehicle so it will not cut off the engine if the vehicle is already running.